Ok, thanks for the hint!

I did that, but unfortunately it breaks something else, which worked before. When a page in a subdirectory tried to get an image from an directory relative to the docroot, that does not work anymore.
This can be seen here: http://tinyurl.com/37owgr

How can I fix this? Maybe there is some trick I don't know about?

Regards,
Samy