Vincent Bray schrieb:
On 13/12/2007, Samuel Vogel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I did that, but unfortunately it breaks something else, which worked
before. When a page in a subdirectory tried to get an image from an
directory relative to the docroot, that does not work anymore.
This can be seen here: http://tinyurl.com/37owgr

I'm not sure I understand the question but it sounds like you're
asking about why your relative links break when you change the path
relative to them.. So, don't do that :-)

When applying site-wide resources to html pages at
/any/depth/of/your/site it's best to make them /absolute/urls then
there's no confusion.
I don't understand why it worked beforehand with my insecure RewriteRule.
Also in my opinion mod_rewrite should/does not change the path, it just makes it appear different!?

For example, when I call "samy.domain.de/wbb" it works, but "wbb.domain.kilu.de/" it does not work. Rewriting looks like this now:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.samy\.domain\.de
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?([a-z0-9-]+)\.samy\.domain\.de
RewriteRule (.*) %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%2/$1 [L]

Why does this break relative paths?

Regards,
Samy