Hello again,

2008/2/4, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Feb 1, 2008 1:54 PM, Zbigniew Szalbot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Thank you very much Joshua! I haven't realized I need to call
> > index.html.var. I switched to Mutilviews as it is much better indeed.
> >
> > I have one more question. Now that it works, I have the following
> > directory structure for a virtual domain
> >
> > DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/blog/
> >
> > blog/
> > this is where index.html.en and index.html.po are
> >
> > I would like index.html.po redirect to
> > blog/pl/
> >
> > and index.html.en redirect to
> > blog/en/
> >
> > I realize I can put refresh in the html files to automatically
> > redirect to blog/pl/ or blog/en/
> > Something like http-equiv="REFRESH"
> > content="0;URL=http://domain.tld/blog/en/";
> >
> > But is there a better way of doing it?
>
> What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you do redirects like
> that, you are going outside the multiviews world.

Right, it is true.

> It can be done with mod_rewrite, but if you better explained why you
> want to do it, we might have better answers.

The thing is that in order to provide blogs in two languages I cannot
install one blog and make it display in two languages. It needs to be
two blogs. Hence, they need to be in two separate directories. But I
am happy to do the langauge recognition in a common directory and then
redirect to a specific blog. Thank you!

Zbigniew Szalbot