On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:30:59 -0500
"Joshua Slive" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2008 1:43 AM, Zbigniew Szalbot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The thing is that in order to provide blogs in two languages I
> > cannot install one blog and make it display in two languages. It
> > needs to be two blogs. Hence, they need to be in two separate
> > directories. But I am happy to do the langauge recognition in a
> > common directory and then redirect to a specific blog. Thank you!
>
> If you want the full language negotiation done by apache (checking
> priorities, etc), then your meta-refresh hack may indeed be the best
> idea.

Meta refresh is never, ever, acceptable.  It buggers up browsers.

Looking up the thread, an altogether better solution would be
to use mod_asis to generated external redirects from the
content-negotiated indexes.

You should still of course enable users to override that choice.
For example a visitor may be fluent in both languages, or may be
traveling, and using a hotel or library's browser configured with
different preferences to their own.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/