On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, J. Peng wrote:

what I said is mod_deflate always send a "Vary: Accept-Encoding"
header to clients though it didn't compress that object.
this make some browsers have problems.

You do realize that, at least according to the documentation, you can control that behaviour? I somehow doubt that this is a bug, as it would affect a whole lot of people, but of course everything is possible. Please post the relevant part of your Apache configuration.

Best wishes,
- Nils