Try adding:

 Header append Vary User-Agent

Best wishes,
- Nils

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, J. Peng wrote:

ok this is the config in my httpd.conf:

<Location /test>
   AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
text/css application/x-javascript

   SetOutputFilter DEFLATE

   BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
   BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
   BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

   SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.(?:gif|jpe?g|png)$ no-gzip dont-vary

</Location>

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Nils Jeppe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, J. Peng wrote:

what I said is mod_deflate always send a "Vary: Accept-Encoding"
> header to clients though it didn't compress that object.
> this make some browsers have problems.

 You do realize that, at least according to the documentation, you can
 control that behaviour? I somehow doubt that this is a bug, as it would
 affect a whole lot of people, but of course everything is possible. Please
 post the relevant part of your Apache configuration.

 Best wishes,
 - Nils