On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 4:24 AM, J. Peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > On 29.02.08 11:44, J. Peng wrote:
>  >  > I talk nothing about cache.
>  >  > if mod_deflate didn't compress a file, why it still send a Vary header?
>  >  > This is what I'm always talking about.
>  >
>  >  you were advised to read HTTP specificationm (rfc 2616), did you?
>  >

>  Hmm! did you see my questions again?
>  I was saying if mod_deflate didn't compress a file, it shouldn't send
>  a Vary header.
>  Don't tell me the so called standard, why mod_deflate always send a
>  Vary header when it doesn't compress that file?

Because the response to requests for this same resource can change
based on the incoming Accept-Encoding header, and the Vary header is
the way this is communicated.

It's like flipping a coin and deciding the result doesn't vary when it
comes up "heads", but it does vary when it comes up "tails"

--
Eric Covener
[EMAIL PROTECTED]