On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Daniel Aleksandersen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
>  Why does type-maps rely on multiviews to be enabled? I can sort of
> understand why it is required to match [../resource] with [../resource.var].
> BUT as type maps are presented as an alternate to multiviews in the
> documentation; I find it strange that it still requires multiviews to work.

They are not required.

You can either use resource.var directly in your links (in other
words, expose that URL as your public address for the resource) or
change the name of your type-map file to just "resource" and use
SetHandler to mark it as a type-map.

Joshua.