On Sun,13 Apr 2008 23:00:19 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Daniel Aleksandersen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> >  Why does type-maps rely on multiviews to be enabled? I can sort of
> > understand why it is required to match [../resource] with
> > [../resource.var]. BUT as type maps are presented as an alternate to
> > multiviews in the documentation; I find it strange that it still requires
> > multiviews to work.
> >

> They are not required.
>
> You can either use resource.var directly in your links (in other
> words, expose that URL as your public address for the resource) or
> change the name of your type-map file to just "resource" and use
> SetHandler to mark it as a type-map.

Any file without an extension is treated as a type-map. I presume that
.htaccess is excluded by design?

<FilesMatch "!.*\..*\$">
SetHandler type-map
</FilesMatch>

Another question, can I partaly negotiate between various type-maps? Say I have
one type-map called [../resource] saying:
URI: resource,en

And then [../resource,en] saying:
URI: resource,en,utf-8.htm

Or would I have to spesify everything two times?
--
Daniel Aleksandersen