> > OK I took the advice and have been trying to set up http username and> >
> > password logins without using .htaccess files inside the web accessible> >
> > directory I am trying to password protect. I checked my AllowOverride> >
> > settings in httpd.conf and they appear to be set correctly> > Allowoverride
> > is completely irrelevant. It affects only .htaccess processing.> > > I am
> > trying to use the <Location> tag instead of the <Directory> tag within> > >
> > Is using the <Location> tag advisable (or possible), instead of using the>
> > > <directory> tag in my virtual host .conf files to enable username
> > password> > logins?> >> > <Location /home/mydirectory/www/awstats>> >> >
> > No, that's definitely wrong. <Location> refers to web-paths, while> that is
> > a file-system path. Use <Directory>.> > Joshua.

OK thanks, I tried again, this time I added to my virtualdomain .conf file
the below, and I am still having the same problem...

<Directory /home/mydirectory/www/awstats>AuthName "MembersOnly"AuthType
BasicAuthUserFile /home/mydirectory/.htpasswdRequire user coder</Directory>

http://www.gowindowslive.com/Mobile/Landing/Messenger/Default.aspx?Locale=en-US?ocid=TAG_APRIL