Or you could change your log rotation system altogether, and use logrotate if your OS has it. The general idea is : you dom't use rotatelogs, you write the logs normally to a file.
With cron, you regularly run logrotate, as often as you want.
It has a configuration file that tells it which files to rotate, how often, in function of which criteria, what to do before and after the rotation, how many "back-copies" to keep before starting to overwrite them etc.. It does this cleanly and without necessarily interrupting the process whose files it is rotating.
"man logrotate" under Linux is pretty explicit.

Ben Ricker wrote:
Rotatelogs, as far as I know, does not delete logs. It merely rotates them. If you want to delete for size, you could do some fancy work with 'ls', cut out the size, compare it to a specific number you want, and then delete it if it is over that size.

That seems kludgy though. What I do is use find on the directory and use -ctime +N where 'N' is the number of days you want logs to stick around. Then you can pipe it through |xargs rm -f. This will delete any logs that have been around since N days after creation.

--Thanks,

Ben Ricker

I use my cat's name for a password: he is called [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I change his name every 60 days.