Bo Berglund wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:42:46 +0200, André Warnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>To find out exactly what happens on one server (where it does it right)
>and the other (where it doesn't), you should have a look at the HTTP
>headers sent in the server response, in one case and the other.
>
>I'll give you what I would use, because I am a perl user, and there is a
>utility in perl that allows to do just that.  But I am sure that there
>are many other tools available to do the same thing.
>
>1) install perl if you don't have it yet.
>2) at the command-line level, enter
>lwp-request -m GET -Sed "http://server1/.../abc.xml.gz";
>
>This will show you the HTTP headers, as sent by the server1.
>The switches -Sed will prevent the actual content to be shown.
>
>3) enter the same for server2
>lwp-request -m GET -Sed "http://server2/.../abc.xml.gz";
>
>There should be a difference in the HTTP headers.
>The difference will tell you (or us) where to start looking.

I don't have PERL and I am working on Windows XP so there is no Linux
style command availabvle either...

You are using Firefox, yes? (I seem to recall that...)

If so, go get the LiveHeaders plug-in for it. That will help you see what headers are being sent by both sites.

And just as an aside, (you don't NEED Perl) but you can get Perl for Windows from ActiveState for free.

Just go to http://www.activestate.com/

I know they try to sell it, don't let that stop you. You CAN download and use it for free as I believe it is covered under GPL or a similar license. The purchased version comes with a physical disk and support while with the free version you are on your own.

Dragon