Hi, Scott and all,
 Thanks for the hint, I asked the SA to restart it as root, he got no error
messages, and I tried the https in the browser, and still shows the "Page not
found".
 I ran the command netstat for 443:

lan: unknown protocol or uninstrumented protocol

 Strangely, this command with the port 4545 for http (that´s working fine) also
gives me same message.

 Im not clear on what this means. Any other idea or suggestions?

 Another question that´s not clear yet:
 do I have to include the "LoadModule ....libexec/mod_ssl.so" and "AddModule
....mod_ssl.c" in httpd file? If so, then I need to get the file mod_ssl.so.
But I don´t intend to re-install the apache, if it´s really needed the file
mod_ssl.so, where can I find a plug-in, or patch, in order to have the
mod_ssl.so working fine in the directory, withou re-installing?

Thank you

Ingrid