Hey there,

wondering if some one could point me on the right direction. I have no idea
what its actually called but i want to asign my MYSQL to a domain name.

So instead of using local host they can use mysql.domainname.com

Basically want this to make my database accessible to our other servers
which are hosted at all diffrent places around the world.

Could any one give me a brief idea on how this is done ? and the pro's and
cons of it.

I did trying searching for it but seams i dont actually know whats its
properly called i came up with very little. I thinking this is done in
apache ? im just guessing here

thanks,

rob