Is there a way for me to turn off if-modified-since so the client
browser will ALWAYS use its locally cached document

ie from the definition below Apache always returns a 304 reply ?

"If-Modified-Since: date
This request header is used with GET method to make it conditional: if
the requested document has not changed since the time specified in
this field the document will not be sent, but instead a Not Modified
304 reply. "

I realise this is unusual but in my case very needed :)

Many thanks

Dave