2008/9/12 André Warnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Manik Taneja wrote:
>>
>> Nope, there is no way you can prevent the client from sending you an IMS
>> request.
>
> The above is correct, but if I understand the OP question correctly, the
> basic issue is to make sure that the client does not re-use a cached page,
> but always retrieves the latest page from the server.

Sorry, its me not explaining myself very clearly. Its the opposite.

If you look at kmotion v1 you will see why ....
http://code.google.com/p/kmotion/wiki/ScreenShots its more like an
application than a conventional web page. I have a directory that is
constantly updated with new images, because the directory is
constantly having its 'last modified' date changed apache keeps
resending images that do not need to be sent. And these are not small
files.

None of the images are ever changed, they each have a unique name and
are deleted by background daemons so once loaded I really don't want
to have to reload it again if for arguments sake I need to flip back
to the last frame.

kmotion v1 is alive and well but I am writting v2 & am trying to
improve responsiveness etc.

Sorry for the long explanation - but I hope this explains my problem.