No, you haven't added confusion. I understand you and I agree with you.

I have checked the Apache error log and it shows nothing. And the Apache
access log shows this:

127.0.0.1 - - [23/Sep/2008:15:35:30 +0200] "GET /%ED.JPG HTTP/1.1" 403 291

I think that this is a problem of misconfiguration, but I don't know how
could I fix it...