On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 3:42 PM, André Warnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I created a file called "valentín.jpg" in my document root and tried to
> access it with Firefox, and I get a 403 forbidden response.
>
> GET http://zaphod/valent%EDn.jpg --> 403 Forbidden

On modern windows, I don't think filenames are stored in a local
codepage, so that filename doesn't map to any file.

It's likely reported as 403 instead of a 404 because a utility
function barfs on the non-utf8 input (before calling into Windows to
stat the massaged path)

--
Eric Covener
[EMAIL PROTECTED]