On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Vasanth Kumar ravi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Alright.
> Let me make the requirements clear then.
>
> Currently we have an application hosted in weblogic and we do not have any
> web servers in the setup.
> This application is accessed by the url http://<ip address>/OPSWeb/neo.
>
> I have setup an Apache 2.0.63 web server in front of th weblogic , which
> will act to proxy all the client requests to weblogic.
> I do not have any static files / application hosted in the Apache(it has to
> fwd all requests to the weblogic).
> I have setup VH for both ports 80 and 443.
> The apache ssl setup has been completed.
> The client would request https://<ip address>/OPSWeb/neo from the browser
> which should be proxied to weblogic server.
> Also bear in mind that the weblogic is not running on https.
> Do I have to define a Directory/Document root for proxying all the requests.
> I have attached my httpd.conf file along with this, let me know if the
> settings I have done is correct.
>

> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Boyle Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I think you're not getting responses because your question is a bit
>> muddled...
>>
>> By ".. able to use the SSL at the apache level .. " I am assuming that
>> https://server/filepath returns the file at <DocumentRoot>/filepath -
>> i.e. you can get local content via HTTPS. Is this so?
>>
>> If so, all you need to do now is proxy this VH to the back-end server
>> (i.e. the weblogic thingy). For this you need Proxy directives,e.g.
>>
>> ProxyPass / http://back-end-server/
>>
>> then a request for https://server/filepath will cause apache to fetch
>> http://back-end-server/filepath and return it, via HTTPS, to the client.
>>
>> I don't quite understand why you have paths like /OPSWeb/neo... That
>> makes it look like apache is fetching the back-end content via the
>> filesystem (e.g. shared disks). If so, that's not right - a proxy is
>> simply a way of forwarding HTTP requests so that all data are
>> transferred by HTTP. No need for the servers to see each other's files.

You haven't configured Apache to proxy anything.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypassreverse

Perhaps your application server has an apache module for this, or a
configuration guide.

--
Eric Covener
[EMAIL PROTECTED]