Hi Frank,

I appreciate the fact that you seem to know all the answers and are
willing to share them, but apparently you never tried this link with
Safari as compared with any other browser:
http://www.utexas.edu/student/registrar/schedules/092/regrules/all.html#acc

I do understand why the redirection (mod_rewrite) is not supposed to
work now thanks to this discussion. Personally, I think Eric is onto
something with the fact that some browsers store the anchor but Safari
does not (and should not).

In my own defense, I believe that "my misconceptions" could be better
referred to as "my wishful thinking."

Best,
Robert