From: Vijay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 3:07 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Re: WELCOME to users@httpd.apache.org

Hi,

I am looking forward to some suggstions from this user group on how to add
ssl module to existing apache2.0.55 server.

I have an existing Apache2.0.55 installation and would like to add SSL
functionality.
httpd -l shows mod_ssl module not installed.

I am trying understand how I can add mod_ssl to existing apache
(without having to compile whole apache instance)

I used DSO (apxs) and was able to compile the module.
However when I start Apache I see :
Syntax error on line 261 of /Apache/platform/apache-2.0.55/conf/
httpd.conf:
Cannot load /Apache/platform/apache-2.0.55/modules/mod_ssl.so into
server: ld.so.1: httpd: fatal: relocation error: file /Apache/platform/
apache-2.0.55/modules/mod_ssl.so: symbol ssl_hook_Fixup: referenced
symbol not found

What is the best way to add ssl module (mod_ssl) to existing apache
installation without having to redo the complete apache compilation?

Appreciate any insight into this.

Thanks,

Vijay

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED