I have a server I need to rebuilt, and I want to move the SSL website on
it onto another server (that already has it's own SSL website). I'm
going to use eth1 on the second server with the MAC and IP of the first
server, and make the httpd on the second server Listen specifically to
it's own IP address. I then plan on copying /etc/httpd on the first
server to /etc/httpd2 on the second server, copy /etc/init.d/httpd to
/etc/init.d/httpd2, and change all references in it to point to the
appropriate config directory.

In my new /etc/init.d/httpd2, I see:

# Path to the apachectl script, server binary, and short-form for
messages.
apachectl=/usr/sbin/apachectl
httpd=${HTTPD-/usr/sbin/httpd}
prog=httpd
RETVAL=0

And $httpd is referred to several times, of course. But I'm not sure
what "HTTPD-/usr/sbin/httpd" is supposed to be. Obviously, I want to be
certain that these two web servers are completely independent... if I
stop one, I don't want it also killing the processes belonging to the
other.

Does anyone have any advice for me as to the best way to proceed?