El Miércoles, 21 de Enero de 2009 01:42:45 Brian Mearns escribió:
> Is that right? I thought it was the opposite: most browser's supported
> SNI, but Apache doesn't. Is SNI done automatically when Named Vhosts
> are used, or are there additional directives required?

Well, actually most browsers had already released SNI support. However, you
cannot assume that users are up to date. From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication#Support:
Browsers with support for TLS server name indication:
  Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or later
  Opera 8.0 or later (the TLS 1.1 protocol must be enabled)
  Internet Explorer 7 (Vista, not XP) or later
  Google Chrome
  Safari 3.2.1 Mac OS X 10.5.6

So, no XP with IE support, that leaves many many users out of SNI. And there
are still quite a few number of users with firefox 1.5.
For apache, what it really matters is the SSL library. GNUTLS had support since
some time ago. Openssl since 0.9.8f can be compiled with experimental SNI
support. I never tried, but to use it I suppose you just put a different
certificate in each virtual host and you're done (it should be that way, I
think).