On Apr 20, 2009, at 8:23 PM, Alfonsas Stonis wrote:

2009/4/20 Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Alfonsas Stonis
<alfonsassto...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I want to define constant that I will use latter in several places.
Old documentation says that there was Define statement (or similar)

Define myUrl "ldap://localhost";
AuthLDAPUrl $myUrl

I don't think that there was ever, in any version of Apache, a way to
do what you describe above.

However, there is nothing in current documentation (I was not able to
find the same or similar module).

Can you tell me how to do it with apache2?

I tried to search on web, but found only dozens of the same question
(no answers). I tried:

SetEnv myUrl "ldap://localhost";
AuthLDAPUrl $myUrl

Did not worked too.

You can't do this in Apache. You could try using mod_perl, which
allows you to use perl statements in an apache config. But do you
really want this amount of complexity?

Krist

I can not find now the definition, but there was some module for
apache 1.3 (maybe it was third party) that allowed to write define.
However, I found hard to believe that such basic thing would not be
supported in apache 2 configuration. There should be some easy way to
do this.

This is a configuration file, not a programming language. If you want, you can use Include to mimic the functionality.

Make a file with all the LDAP stuff you want, and then

Include conf/ldap.conf

In all the places you want the LDAP stuff to appear.

If this is unacceptable, then use mod_perl as was suggested before.

Doug Bell -- Senior Developer, Plain Black Corp.
[ http://plainblack.com ]
all that groks is