On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:41:27 -0400
"Mark H. Wood" <mw...@iupui.edu> wrote:

> Would you (or anyone) please point me to the relevant section of the
> 2.2 documentation for the ${foo} method.  I've never seen this
> mentioned. Clearly I'm not looking in the right place.  mod_macro
> looks nice, but it's more than I need for simple manifest constants.

They don't work generically.  Specific modules such as mod_rewrite,
mod_filter, and mod_proxy_html support environment variables:
see the docs for the modules in question.  If you want generic
support, that's what mod_macro/mod_define are about.

Trunk and 2.3.x versions also support them in evaluating expressions
for <If "expr ..."> sections.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/