Suppose I have apache running in front of a web application and
subversion.

I am thinking of a scenario in which the web application provides a
login page.  However, the user may also browse to web pages served by
subversion.

Is there a way that my app can have someone log in and then pass the
identity and authentication "up" to appache?  In particular, I'd want
this authentication used if the user browsed over to the subversion
repository.

I'm assume a common source, e.g., LDAP, will provide user and password
information that is the same for my app and apache.

A final wrinkle is that the application itself may access subversion via
http:// (https?) using either the identity of the user or, perhaps, a
separate identity the application runs under.