-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: dinsdag 23 juni 2009 9:32
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] Apr_bucket_read() failed when uploading files

Mark wrote:

> > So, needless to say, this is quite serious. Like I said, I even got
> > an admin (not a silly helpdesk clerk) to admit that it's a bug;
> > but they're not gonna fix it. That's why I was looking for a way
> > around it.
>
> Well then, I'm afraid that all I can tell you is to look for another
> hosting site.

And I'm afraid it will have to come to this. Not after I demand a full
refund, though.

> As I mentioned earlier, I (and many others) have the same kind of thing
> working flawlessly at umpteen sites, with umpteen versions of Apache
> and Perl.

I have this working on many other sites too. It's all pretty
straightforward, basic upload methodology.

> If the script fails to do the "new CGI", plus this apr message you get
> in the logs, then there is undoubtedly something wrong in the host
> configuration, or a software mismatch, or whatever

Yep, something's seriously screwed up. They wrote me:

"We are sorry to inform you that the problem is being caused by the
current version of the Apache server. Unfortunately update of the Apache
configuration is not scheduled yet as the service is stabilized at it's
best."

Stabilized at its best, eh? LOL. I guess awardspace and I have different
definitions of stable.

> Incidentally, how much are you paying for hosting this?

Well, the price is right: only $10 a month. They offer a lot for that. But
if half of it isn't working...

> I'm just curious, since you seem to be in the US, N.Y. and I'm in
> Europe.

I'm in Europe too. :)

- Mark