Brian Kim wrote:
I don't know about "transparent proxy", but I think what you are talking about is a "forward proxy".
Have you read this on-line Apache documentation ?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html
and in particular the section :
Forward Proxies and Reverse Proxies/Gateways

?

You don't need to play with IPTables for this, at least not between your internal client stations and the Apache forward proxy server. But your client workstations browsers need to be configured to use the Apache server as a HTTP proxy.

Note that if this Apache server is directly connected to the internet, you must protect this forward proxy function, so that it will be *only* available to your internal clients. Otherwise anyone could use your proxy to access other sites, and these accesses would be traced back to you.
Read the above documentation carefully.