Kamaraj, Jayakumar wrote:
Hi,
I recently upgraded from apache 1.3.37 to 1.3.41 ,

on which kind of platform ?

I didn't change
any of the configuration parameter.

mmm. Maybe you did not, but maybe the update did ?

    When I am using the apache 1.3.37 ,my http logs

which exact file name is this ?

 contain only 404
request,

please show the exact line from the logfile

but there is no  equivalent error line in  error_log file

which exact filename is this ?

,provided LogLevel equals error .

    Even with same LogLevel under apache 1.3.41 we are getting 404
request in our http log ,along with these we are also getting the error
[Mon Aug 24 05:00:29 2009] [error] [client 85.185.96.194] File does not
exist in our error_logs.

please show the exact line, as it appears in the logfile

    How to suppress only this error 'File does not exist ' not appear in
my error log ?

You should probably find the reason for the error itself, not just trying to suppress the error message.

     If possible provide me the reason why it is getting logged in
apache 1.3.41 but not in 1.3.37 .

Not without the information requested above, and the following :

- which URL is the client trying to access ?
- if this is a file, does that file exist ? please provide the complete path
- where is your Apache configuration file ? (complete path)
- what is the value of "DocumentRoot" in that configuration file ?