On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 4:41 PM, André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com> wrote:

> Once you make sure that there is an Apache running, then you could try the
> following :
> enter the command :
> telnet web-mycompany.com 80
> GET / HTTP/1.0
>
> (the second line above, you have to enter "blind", because there will be no
> echo; the third line is just a "return")
> Do you get something ?

A more comfortable way to test your webserver from your commandline is
with the curl or wget command (every linux distribution has them, i
prefer curl)

So do for example:
curl http://localhost
or
wget http://localhost

on the machine where your apache is running.

>From your earlier posts I get that apache runs, but that the webserver
doesn answer connection attempts. That is probably a firewall issue.

Redhat Linux comes with it's own firewall, and it is probably this
what is blocking you. You need to enable port 80. I don't have a RH
machine available right now to test this, so you'll have to look this
up yourself in the documentation.

Krist

--
krist.vanbes...@gmail.com