thomas2004 wrote:

I installed the Apache Http Web Server

what version of Apache ?

on RH-Linux and want to configure it
so that the incoming browsing will be forward to the application deployted
on Jboss.
Where is that Jboss server running ?

I do followings:

1. Set the ip-address in "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:xx"

that has nothing to do with either Apache or Jboss.

2. Create a .conf file which looks as follow:
<VirtualHost 194.12.34.38:80>
        ServerName web-mycompany.com:80

That is probably not correct.
You should have, in one of your Apache configuration files (apache2.conf or httpd.conf), a line like :
Listen 80
do you ?

There should also be another line somewhere like
NameVirtualHost *:80
(show us the line, exactly as it is in your configuration)

You should probably change the above 2 lines as follows :

 <VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName web-mycompany.com

         #1 Send everything for context /examples to worker named
worker_portfolio (ajp13)

That comment above is irrelevant to whatever you have below, and confusing. Better to remove it.

        JkMount  /myWebApp* myworker
replace this by the following 2 lines :

         JkMount  /myWebApp/ myworker
         JkMount  /myWebApp/* myworker

</VirtualHost>

3. Configure the workers.properties as follow:

myowrker

that should be :
worker.list=myworker

# worker template
worker.template.connection_pool_timeout=600
worker.template.socket_timeout=120
worker.template.type=ajp13
worker.socket_keepalive=True

# Set properties for worker_portfolio
worker.myworker.reference=worker.template
worker.myworker.host=test.mycompany.com
worker.myworker.port=8009

Does the host "test.mycompany.com" exist ?
Is it the host where JBoss is running ?
Does that JBoss "listen" on port 8009 ?
If it does, does it do it with an AJP Connector ?

I think that's all for the configuration. Or maybe I forgot something?

But as I try to call up "http://web-mycompany.com/myWebApp";, it failed. I
got error message as follow:

where do you get this message ?

The following error was encountered:

* Connection Failed
The system returned:

    (111) Connection refused

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again. ...

That either means that the host "web-mycompany.com" is not running, or that it is not listening on port 80. It looks like you are not even getting as far as connecting to your Apache webserver.
What happens when you enter this URL :
http://web-mycompany.com