* azzera.alan <azzera.a...@gmail.com> [2009-09-24 16:55]:
> Anyway, I'm now just trying to authenticate on a single directory.
> Here is the relevant part of my config file :
[...]
> When connecting to the url, nothing happens. I checked with tcpdump,
> servers are talking to each other. What are they saying ? No idea...

So what happend to the proxy? You're securing a directory...

Other than that I'd make sure an openldap command line client
(e.g. ldapsearch binding with the DN given in AuthLDAPBindDN) is able
to connect from your webserver to your DSA (that assumes you have
shell access to the webserver, of course).

If you capture traffic from the webserver to the DSA you could also
feed the capture file to wireshark (or something similar). Looking in
the DSAs logfile is a bit easier (which assumes you have access to the
logs, of course).

>From your config I take it that the DSA does not require
confidentiality (no STARTTLS or -- deprecated -- LDAPS)?
-peter