On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 11:53 -0400, Sharjeel Tariq wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to set up apache redirection rule for redirecting all of
> our non
> 'www' domains to 'www' domains. I got the redirection rule from apache
> manual
> but the rule does not work when we have subdirectories and parameters
> at the
> end of url.
>
> The redirection rule i have is
>

> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^example.com$
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://www.example.com/$1 [L,R]

<snip>

Sharjeel,

I know it's not what you are asking for, but may accomplish your task.

You can try adding a ServerAlias to the VirtualHost:

ServerName example.com
ServerAlias www.example.com

Here is the documentation at apache site:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#serveralias

Sorry if it's not what you are asking for, but it's pretty much waht I'd
do. With a simple script you can manage to add the ServerAlias to all
the VirtualHosts.

Cheers,

Martin