rewriteEngine is on. Here is the rule in Virtual Host.

<VirtualHost *>
     Servername www.example.com
     DocumentRoot /www/www_example_com/
                 CustomLog /var/log/apache/www_example_com_access.log
combined env=!disable_logging
                 ErrorLog /var/log/apache/www_example_com_error.log
                 include conf/shared/blockWebInf.inc
                 CookieDomain .example.com
                 WLCookieName visunique
                 CookieTracking on
     RewriteEngine On
     RewriteRule ^/(.*\.jsp.*$|.*\/$|$)
http://localhost:6201/www_example_com/$1 [P]
     ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:6201/www_example_com
</VirtualHost>

Can I say this is a bug in apache as I got this redirction rule from apache
manual to redirect all non 'www' requests to 'www' requests but it seems as
apache is not handling the urls with parameter at the end?