The issue with creating ServerAlias is we get two analytics reports for each
of our site. There are many benefits associated with redirecting non 'www'
urls to 'www' urls.

I tried using following configuration in httpd.conf as per Bob
recommendation.

Rewritelog logs/rewrite_log
Rewriteloglevel 6

It created file rewrite_log but did not write any thing in the log file. I
have also tried using QSA flag to the rule but that didn't work either.

Thanks,
Sharjeel