With the configuration structure show below, your DirectoryIndex statement does not apply to the VirtualHost section. It applies to the "main" configuration. When you use name-based VirtualHost sections, whetever is outside of them normally only specifies defaults, overridden (or not) by the directives in each VirtualHost section. However, not all directives are automatically "inherited" by VirtualHost sections. You should check if this one is.

jwberger wrote:

Here is the some of the information from my conf file.

<VirtualHost x.x.x.x:8081>
    ServerAdmin ad...@localhost
    DocumentRoot "D:/docs"
    ServerName x.x.x.x:8081
    ServerAlias x.x.x.x:8081
    ErrorLog "logs/partners3/error.log"
    CustomLog "logs/partners3/access.log" common
    SetEnvIf Remote_Addr "x\.x\.x\.x" dontlog
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
    ReWriteRule .* - [F]
</VirtualHost>

ServerAdmin ad...@localhost

ServerName x.x.x.x:8081

DocumentRoot "D:/docs"

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory "D:/docs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.html
</IfModule>

John

Igor Cicimov wrote:
404 means "file not found" which means you don't have any index.html file
in
the other folders you try to access.