I am using Apache 2.2 and I am using a test certificate signed by my internal
CA. I am not using Virtual Hosts.

Sometime ago I went over a whole set of changes on my server configuration to
enable HTTPs (SSL).
At that point, I disabled HTTP on the server. Any request on port 80 gets a
page indicating that HTTPS is required.

Now I want to also enable HTTP without disabling HTTPs. But I can't figure how
to enable both.

I originally had
    SSLOptions +StrictRequire
I commented that out, but no success.

I also had:

<Directory />
  SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>

I also commented that out, but again, no success. Apache tells me that I
require HTTPS.

I also have another <directory> section as shown below.  This segment is before
my Include directive to my http-ssl.conf

<Directory />
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

What else should I look at ? I can't find any other relevant sections of the
configuration file  that may affect the behavior.

-Jorge