From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 3:03 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] Enabling HTTP and HTTPs

Hi Jorge.

Something below does not seem to square :

Jorge Medina wrote:
> At that point, I disabled HTTP on the server. Any request on port 80 gets a
> page indicating that HTTPS is required.

How do they actually get this page, if HTTP is disabled ?

Maybe to gain some steps :
- the default port for HTTP is 80
- the default port for HTTPS is 443
So your server config, somewhere, should have Listen 80 Listen 443

If you do not have a "Listen 80", and someone tries to access your server with
a URL like "http://yourserver";, they would just get a "connection refused", but
not a HTML page telling them that they need HTTPS.