Hello,

I need some expert help on the following configuration task:

I have a startpage with a standard login form. After a user logs in, he
should be
redirected to use https for the rest of the session.
When I use a rewrite rule as shown below,
RewriteRule ^/login(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/login$1 [R,L]
the parameters get lost, because the request is translated to a GET request.
What do I need to do, to fix this problem?
Many thanx in advance
    Erik

<VirtualHost *:49080>
   ServerName staging.xxx.com
   ServerAlias xxx.com xxx.de
   DocumentRoot "/xxx/htdocs/"
   DirectoryIndex index.gsp index.html
   CustomLog /weblog/httpd/access.log combined

   # Define error doc when tomcat is down
   ErrorDocument 503 /error/503.html

   # Define the proxy connection to tomcat listening on port 49888
   ProxyRequests Off
   # Define an exception for the path to apache error pages
   ProxyPass /error !
   # Route all requests to tomcat
   ProxyPass / ajp://127.0.0.1:49888/

   # Collection of rewrite rules