I would like to JUST limit https usage to the login window html and ALL other
images pdf's not secured html
( one that do not need password ) should use HTTP NOT HTTPS
What I cannot really find ( and Apache modules make a graduate course , as I am
realizing with all the
futile digging in ) is HOW do I tell apache that if you find an image file (
.jpeg or .pdf ) if it comes to
https convert all that into http .Has that something to do with rewrite or
redirect modules .

Yep. At least that is the way I do it, using rewrite.

Once you start Apache as a secure server all the content is served through secure layer. With rewrite sentences you can override that.