Stephen Love wrote:

Don't want identification. I want point to point response capability, even if it goes away later... a way to know that I can send back to that exact address and know it went to that particular computer instead of randomly going all over the world. Sounds like either I have been misinformed about how packets are sent, or a LOT of programmers simply do not know the truth! 2-way handshaking requires session identification ALL the way back to its source.

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. The IP address is the only thing you can go by and that can change on a request basis. The IP address is the 'street address' you want but they are not all assigned permanently at this time.

--
Norman Registered Linux user #461062