cookies.
COOKIES. For god sake just listen to somebody. The only way to achieve
what you want is to send data to the client and get them to send it
back. That's a cookie. What you're looking for is exactly what Google
Analytics does, which I mentioned early yesterday. Hit vs. Unique
visitors, they even have a graph to show you this exact statistic.

Regarding this little gem: "Then it becomes impossible to know if a
page REALLY exists or if my emails are going where intended, or coming
from where stated... so am I to assume that traffic addressing in
general has FAILED?". No, like I said you cannot be sure of where
traffic is coming from or who is getting it with IP, TCP, or HTTP.
That's exactly right. In general, we can take it for granted that
messages most likely go where intended and most likely come from where
they claim to, but this is definitely open to attack and require
stronger protocols if you absolutely need to be sure of it. When you
search Google, you can feel pretty confident that the results really
come from Google because nobody has much to gain by sneaking in their
own results. When you connect to your bank's website, it's a much
different story and you shouldn't take anything for granted: you need
additional protection outside of these three protocols.

TLS and SSL use cryptographic techniques to authenticate end points in
the communication and to encrypt and sign the data being transmitted
so that you can verify it was not tampered with along the way.

If you want more information on how to use cookies for what you're
doing, I'd be happy to help, and we can probably take the discussion
off-list. If you're not willing to use cookies, you can encode it in
the URL, and I can help you with that as well. But either way, you are
relying on the user to send the information back in tact. If you can't
trust your end users to do that and it's important that you know for
sure, you will need TLS or SSL. I can hep you get started with these,
but there are others on this list with much more knowledge on the
subject than myself.

-Brian