Daniel Reinhardt wrote:
> [...]

No, it isn't.

IPv6 defines an entire set of improved DNS interrogation techniques which
are vastly superior to the original, IPv4/Posix subset.  getaddrinfo()
and getnameinfo() don't exist without IPv6 'support'.  That support doesn't
have to include a single binding to an adapter, but those functions are part
of the IPv6 'spec'.

If you want to continue to belabor your arguments, this is a users list.
I'm sure other users will entertain your dialog.

But if APR *detected* IPv6 functions, that functionality is enabled.  If
your packager dropped you an IPv6 enabled package and an IPv4 kernel, that
is their mistake and you need to move this dialog to their forum if you hope
to gain any results from your complaints.