AllowOverride None

Order allow,deny

Allow from all

AddType text/html .html

AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html

AddType text/html .htm

AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .htm

</Directory>

I also tried experimenting with the XBitHack directive but it didn’t help either. Beginning to wonder if

my HTML code to include is just not in the right format. It did work when I ran this webserver on

Windows 2003 Server but perhaps it’s not compatible with Apache/Linux. Here is the line I’m looking

to include:

<!-- #include file="game.htm" -->

Make sure all of the following are true:

1. The file that contains the SSI directive actually ends in .htm or .html (per your config)
2. The file is located under /var/www/html
3. The includes module (include_module) is being loaded in your config.

Try checking your apache error log too to make sure it's not complaining about anything.

--
Justin Pasher