Of course, I should have guessed about the command just statically parsing
files. However, at least I'd have a live proof that it's a bug if I run the
command while the server behaves strange :-)

Sorry, what do you mean about duplicate? Would you mean:

<VirtualHost ip:port>
ServerName nameB1.org
ServerAlias nameB1.org
ServerAlias nameB2.org
[...]
</VirtualHost>

OR

<VirtualHost ip:port>
ServerName nameB2.org
ServerAlias nameB1.org
[...]
</VirtualHost>

?

By the way, I should have specified that we have a QA server with exact same
configuration and off course, we can't reproduce the bug ;-)

Regarding Rewrite rules, we have plenty of them: the Apache I'm talking about
is a reverse proxy. But I'm pretty sure I would server a hello_world.html it
would be the same...

Olivier