Paul McFerrin wrote:
Wow, my base site at http://localhost works !!!
Second: windows firewall is in fact disabled.
Third: infection due to unsafe surfing which is history now.
Fourth: To reload. Complete Installation including FORMAT from a XP Pro CD that included all of the updates thru SP3 on one CD. Everything else reinstalled from disk copies I've kept over the years. No further updates.

Service: Residential. This is very low traffic. My email and download traffic is considerable more. TIMING COINCIDENCE??? Maybe. I hate to contact them and raise their level of suspicion.

i doubt time warner is blocking anything but mail transfer ports. ive been running 3 sites from a residential account for over 5 years with no problems. (im definately not using windows though, bsd and linux) you have your router and port forwarding 80 to the internal ip of your apache install working properly?

steve