From: "Programmer In Training" <p...@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>
Sent: 13 February, 2010 14:21
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] User Directories On FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE

On 02/13/10 08:02, Eric Covener wrote:
On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Programmer In Training
On 02/13/10 05:16, Daniel Reinhardt wrote:
I still get 403 Forbidden. the public_html
directory in question has user and group ownership equal to the owner of
the login. Do I need to change that for apache (which is running as
daemon.daemon)?

What does the error log say, and can the apache user read/execute all
the directories from the root directory to the public_html/ ?

The error log says:

[Sat Feb 13 08:15:33 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
server configuration: /home/$USER/public_html/

The httpd-userdir.conf file tells it:

----------------------------------------------------------------><Directory "/usr/home/*/public_html">

There is nothing in httpd.conf to tell it to look in
/home/$USER/public_html/ (on FreeBSD /home/ is a symlink to /usr/home/)

Is there an option I need to set at compile time for this behavior
(which apparently is standard for FreeBSD)? Or is there another config
option I need to set first?
--
Yours In Christ,

PIT

Change the indicated line to reflect /home/$user/

I have used FreeBSD, and there is no symlink to APache to /usr/home. In fact, I do not think that /usr/home even exists unless you create it. The only UNix OS I have used where /home is any other place is solaris and that's located in /export/home.

Thanks,
Dan