On 02/13/10 14:30, Daniel Reinhardt wrote:

> Change the indicated line to reflect /home/$user/
>
> I have used FreeBSD, and there is no symlink to APache to /usr/home.  In
> fact, I do not think that /usr/home even exists unless you create it.
> The only UNix OS I have used where /home is any other place is solaris
> and that's located in /export/home.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

[$u...@hostname] pwd
/usr/home/$USER

I don't know what you were doing, but this is how it was AT INSTALL. I
changed absolutely nothing from the default install of FreeBSD. Even a
close and trusted friend of mine (who has been using FreeBSD longer than
I have) says that /usr/home/* is how FreeBSD sets up user directories.

I do have a /home directory, but this is what it looks like:

[$u...@hostname] cd /home/$USER/
[$u...@hostname] ls
10000fonts/          Home.html            apu-notes
firefox-bin.core     purple.bak/          time-in-between
Desktop/             Home.ics             backups/
fromwindows/         signature-files/     wmaker.core
Downloads/           Personas/            bluefish-projects/
private-public-keys/ soffice.bin.core
GNUstep/             Temp/                documents/
public_html/         sound-themes/
[$u...@hostname] pwd
/usr/home/$USER
[$u...@hostname]

So please, don't tell me that /home isn't a symlink to /usr/home (or
that I changed anything during install).

Changed the line, graceful restart:

I'm /still/ getting 403 Forbidden

Logfile tells me:
[Sat Feb 13 14:54:06 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
server configuration: /home/janagyjr/public_html/

If asked, I will attach the httpd.conf (appropriately sanitized) with
httpd-userdir.conf and send it off-list to someone. I don't ever recall
having this much problem with Apache before.
--
Yours In Christ,

PIT