Thanks for the clarification onthis topic... but any tip how we can cope with
httpd linked with openssl 0.9.8x on redhat?

Apparently there is a requirement of openssl not to overwrite the default
version provided with the OS.

How do we specify to httpd the library to take at runtime?
How can we check which library is taken by httpd at runtime?

Thanks a lot for help,

P.