Thanks Eric, my client for the Apache is another Java application. So I used
keytool and generated trustore importing OpenSSL generated CA certificate.

Now that I have used export option to generate a certificate from Keytool,
How could I use this ceritificate now on Apache to authenticate the requests
from my client application ?

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/win32/keytool.html

Please advice.